Friday, October 11, 2013

Cupcakes and Champagne


Hi there!!! It's Bellarific Friday - one of the best days of the week. This week's challenge was to use stitching on your cards... I tried, I really did!! I can't sew for the life of me (it's really rather pathetic when I try) so I tried using a stamp I have that resembles stitching and I even screwed that up.  A lot of DP was harmed in the making of this card. So I thought, how can I incorporate sewing/stitching on my card and i thought.... pins... they're used in sewing right? Ribbon can be sewn right?  Okay... I'm stretching it but it's the only way I could get a half decent looking card. For my card, I have used Uptown Girls Felicity and Blair. They have been colored with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol. I then sponged the edges of all the panels with Close to Cocoa ink to age the card a bit.  The layout for my card is a recent Deconstructed Sketch challenge. 

Next week's challenge is a sketch that is fab looking. 


Email your card to Em by Thursday to be included on Bloggabella - you could win some bella bucks!

It's Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada so I'll be enjoying time with my family. Hope you have a great weekend!!! 



No comments: