Sunday, June 5, 2011

TSG110 Happy 65th!!!



Wowza... has my blog ever been quiet this last week. I worked a few days I hadn't expected to and with the nice weather finally coming our way, I've been spending more time outside enjoying the rays and trying to darken my pasty white skin... Yup... I'm pasty white!  LOL.  This week over at TSG, I'm the featured Trendsetter so I get to pick this week's challenge which I decided to be all about Milestones in life whether it be an important birthday,  wedding, graduation etc.  It's my dad's 65th birthday today, so I used the opportunity to celebrate my dad's big day.  We've already been bugging him because his "Gold" Care card has arrived (Care cards in BC are basically our medical card and when you turn 65 if you show it on the BC Ferries, you get on free certain days of the week).  We threw my dad a birthday party on Saturday night which included a fabulous barbeque (aka cookout for all my Southern friends), we watched the Canucks beat Boston in overtime (GO CANUCKS!!!) and enjoyed a night with family and friends.

For my card today, I decided to use the sets "Make a Wish" (for sentiment that is above main image but is hard to see in photo), and LOL Taglines for main image and inside of card.  The main image has been watercolored with my Tombow markers and then Glossy Accents was added to the beer can.  If you know my father at all, he loves to fish and what man doesn't love a beer while sitting in the boat right?.


Here's the inside of the card:


We'd love for you to join us at TSG in our "Milestones" challenge.  Don't forget that one lucky participant will win a $5 Gift certificate to the store and someone will be in the Trendsetting spotlight.  Now head on over to the TSG blog to see what the DT has come up with for this challenge.

Happy Birthday DAD!!!





2 comments:

Theresa said...

What a great card!! I didn't remember this set. Awesome coloring job. Happy B-day to your dad.

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so FUN!!