Sunday, September 12, 2010

TSG72 A beautiful day

Wow... what a week!!! I had a busy weekend of making cards (you'll get to see them over the next couple of weeks) and this one is my favorite.  Kim Teasdale has come up with this amazing sketch for this week's There She Goes Challenge. 


I have to tell you that this sketch left me totally inspired so I pulled out the Poppies set by Chris Dark and go to work.  I've pulled the colors for my card from the Basic Grey and October Afternoon DP's.  I've watercolored the image with my Tombow Markers and then sponged around the edge with Canteloupe Memento Ink. 



Both layers of DP have been dry embossed with Cuttlebug folders and then the edges of them were sponged for a bit more texture.  I don't often say it (well... okay.... maybe I do) but I LOVE how this card turned out.  And for the "birthday twist"  I've added this sentiment from the Poppies set as well. 

Have you been checking out the chalenges this month?  You definitely should!!!   We've got a great month planned for you!!


6 comments:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

You got inspired alright, Angela!! I LOOVE these colours together...

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Angela!
Hugs,
True :D

Katie Skiff said...

This is gorgeous!! Great job girl! Hoping to play along sometime this week. LOL...

Lisa Lara said...

This is a definite Wow card Ange. Oh my... Kim is the queen of sketches isn't she! You've done her proud here.

Jodi Collins said...

Girl, you ROCK my world! This is OUT of control GORGEOUS!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is STUNNING!!