Monday, June 29, 2009

CDS Sneak Peek - July Larkspur


Hey there everyone! Wow!!! I can't believe how tired I am. I spent a weekend away on Saltspring Island at a wedding. It was a great weekend filled with so many fun activities. It sure is nice to be home though.

Each month, Clear Dollar Stamps releases a "Flower of the month" and July's flower is a Larkspur. I really enjoy the realistic nature of this set. My cards have a totally different look to them as I found out that Larkspurs come in many shades. Yeah!!!!! The first card I made came together quite easily. Note to self.... Some shades of pink are just too intense. I colored the flower with my Tombows and then went over the petals with some Shimmerz. Did I mention the flower was too intense before? I really like how it turned out. I rarely use black on a card but I love how this makes the image really pop. Hope you like it.

ALL CDSTAMPS USED: Larkspur July Flower of the Month
CS AND PAPERS: PTI White, Basic Black, Rose Red, DP Unknown, watercolor paper
INK: Versafine Onyx Black
MARKERS: Tombows
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: Ribbon, Buttons, Embroidery Thread, Brads, Nestabilities, Aquapainter, Shimmerz, Tombow Markers, Clear Detail Embossing Powder
COLORING MEDIUM: Markers
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES: Watercoloring


This second card uses the same image but look how different it looks. Each month, the DT is given challenges and one of them this month was to create a monochromatic card. I realized later that my DP had more color than I realized. OOPS!!! Once again, I colored the image with my Tombows. Can I just say how much I'm loving them? I love how easy they are to color with and how they make everything just pop.

ALL CDSTAMPS USED: Larkspur July Flower of the Month
CS AND PAPERS: PTI White, Bazzill (for both shades of purple), Wisteria by Basic Grey
INK: Versafine Onyx Black
MARKERS: Tombow Markers: 025,623, 772, 098, 679, 177, 133
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: Tombow Markers, Aquapainter, Ribbon, Rhinestone Brads, Classic Oval and Scalloped Oval Nestabilities, Clear Detail Embossing Powder
COLORING MEDIUM: Markers
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES: Watercoloring

Check out what the rest of the team came up with for this set: (see sidebar for all of the girls' blogs)
Tori, Stacy, Candy and Laurie

Other sets being shown today are:
Charlie Summer Fun (I'll be back in a bit to show this set)
August Gladiola (Katie, Sarah, Candy and Laurie)
Yard Yabber (Katie, Sarah, Cassie, Candy, Laurie)
Rosebud Castle (Kim, Nancy, Sarah, Candy)


3 comments:

Cassie said...

Very pretty, Angela! Your dp works perfectly with your awesome colored flowers ;D

Stacy Morgan said...

Both are so very pretty, wonderful papers and colors.

Lisa Lara said...

Very pretty Angela. Your coloring is fantastic. Just love your DP. You created two very distinct looks. Love that.